Start a conversation

Is It OK To Use The United States Style Earthing Plug In Countries With 220 Volt Electrical Systems If I Use An Adaptor, Converter Or Transformer?

The voltage of your electrical system is actually irrelevant, as what matters is that you have a grounded outlet.

You can only plug in the Earthing equipment to an adaptor if you have a grounded outlet to plug the adaptor into. So, if you purchase an adaptor with a grounded port on it, it will not work unless it is plugging into a grounded wall outlet.

Also, please ensure any adaptor has metal inside the plug holes. Plastic will not conduct the Earth's energy.

Most international countries will require a Grounding Rod to be able to use the Earthing products.

Choose files or drag and drop files
Was this article helpful?
  1. Gina

  2. Posted